Friday, September 10, 2010

The Golden Hues of Autumn

WELCOME AUTUMN!!!

Before we know it the frost will be in the pumpkin and those steamy Carolina summer days will be but a memory.  I have always loved when the fall would come and bring along those cool crisp nights and those breezy but sunny days that quickly lead up to those cold and snowy winter days of the Northeast. 

I loved to watch the transition of summer to fall when I lived in New York.  Beauty would be in abundance.  Mount Beacon along the Hudson River and as far as the eye could see would glisten with golden and reddish hues that screamed winter was on the way.  The colors that sprawled across the mountains were an artists perfect palette of amazing and breathtaking colors.  

The smell of fall is such a memorable one as the cool air and gentle breeze would swirl around the aroma of crisp leaves, lavish apple trees, burning fires and home-cooked meals.  I spent many days as a child sitting in the apple trees in my grandparents orchard witnessing the beauty of God's creations transform into yet another stage of grandeur.  Home-made apple pie and simmering meatballs and sauce always filled the air.... and I would sit and watch.  I remember sitting there and it seemed like forever and I would wait for the last leaves to fall and giggle at the Weeping Willow Tree dancing in the Garden. 

Life was so simply back them and I try every year to sit back and look at the world around me as if I was seeing it through the eyes of my own children.  I try to instill in them the importance of taking time to smell the daisies or take time to dance freely in the grass or to watch the falling leaves.  Life quickly passes by and I think it is so important to once in a while stop and enjoy the simple things in life.  

The following Pictures were taking last October in Milton New York
at a family farm (Trapani Farms)  
It is a beautiful and breathtaking place.













No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails