Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Good Bye Summer.... Hello School

The day has come where we retire the swimsuits and beach chairs for school books and new book bags. Summertime is almost over and the school buses have flooded Union County as the 2010-2011 school year begins. I am sure may Mommy tears have flowed this morning and I am sure some Moms had a sigh of relief. For me.... I had a slight sign followed by some feeling of loneliness. I do admit I did love the sound of the buses buzzing through the neighborhood. With the start of the school year begins the daily grind the 5:30 a.m. alarm clock, packing of lunches, homework, after school activities, fall soccer and softball and yes.... a quiet house, for the most part.

Matthew has begun his second year of college at CPCC. He has a full course load and seems to be excited about the classes he has chosen. History.... OMG... I am sure we will get daily trivia from Matt as he is well of knowledge. It amazed me that this kids knows such random facts and a little bit about EVERYTHING.

My Taryn is starting her Freshman year at Sun Valley High School. Where has the time gone. It seems like yesterday that she started Pre-K and now she is a big High Schooler. I am so excited for her. She admitted that she is a bit nervous but is delighted. She can not wait to take the year round Art class. That girl is really talented. :)



Jaedan is still at Sun Valley middle and is starting the 7th grade. After this... one more year and she will join Taryn at the High School. Jaedan is excited about the start of the new year and can not wait to see her friends. Aww... to be almost 12... friends are so important to them. She is a bit worried about Math already as this isn't her favorite subject. Mine, neither. She was accepted into the drama program and for her this is a year long course and she is so excited. My little actress. Go, Jae!! You are already a star.



And last but truly not least... Tristan is entering into the BIG 3 year old classroom at First Presbyterian Preschool and can not wait for her first day. She will have a new teacher this year but as she told me she would only visit that class but wanted to be with her Ms. Angie. Angie has been Tristan's teacher for 2 years now, so I am curious how that transition will go. Fingers Crossed!!




 



And for Me, MOM.... Damn this coffee is great. And I can hear a pin drop in my humble little abode.








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails