Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America


Happy 4th Of July...... Today most Americans all across this great country will stand proud of the place they call home. I will be one of them. Even with all of the BBQ's, pool time, and fireworks with friends and family, I will take a moment to remember exactly what it means to be an American and how proud I am to wear the badge and honor the Red, White and the Blue.

I remember being a little girl and going to watch the parades in my home town of Newburgh New York. I would look up and down Broadway and see seas of people standing proud waving their flags and cheering as the marchers went by. I remember standing in amazement and being proud at an early age. I loved to see the soldiers march by and was always excited to see my favorite soldier.... My Dad. My father taught me from a young age what Patriotism was and he instilled that in me and my sister. He taught me to stand tall and be proud of my American Heritage and to embrace the freedoms given to us by our forefathers so long ago. I thank my dad for instilling that pride in me. So, today I stand tall and proud.... Thanks Dad!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails